Starflower's Adventures

Sunday, August 07, 2005

School Begins

Two of my best friends will begin a year of teaching tomorrow. School starts so early in Florida, but the trade off is getting out at the end of May. I'm very excited for them and doubly because they both secured positions teaching in the arts. I told Diane that I clearly remember my first day of teaching my very own class. The morning of the first day I was so overcome by the idea that I was realizing my dream of becoming a teacher I cried and cried. Cried through the cute "first day of school" pictures we took of my roommate, Holly, and I; cried on the drive to school. Had to pull it together before those first grade cuties walked in the door with their parents. Eight years ago, hard to believe. Good luck to Kevin and Diane--I know they'll have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home