Starflower's Adventures

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sleeping on the couch

I forgot how utterly exhausting this profession is.

I feel the energy for my outside pursuits dwindling. I stay late at school, working hard, which sometimes looks like standing around staring at a room full of potential. I watch my assistant work endlessly to meet my needs. She is a goddess-send. I get home, eat dinner, look at my room and suddenly find it's 9:00. I know it'll get easier as time goes by and this changing jobs stuff has been cause for extra work. But I also know the relaxed air of summer has past. I'm filled with excitement after meeting my students today - young silly faces, some shy, others rambunctious. My purpose is now for them and for my own learning, growing, and connecting.

Tomorrow is Saturday and it will be a good day for a quiet walk in the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home